Celestial Empire: Chinese in Australia Dec 18, 2015 3:46:30 GMT -5
Post by helen on Dec 18, 2015 3:46:30 GMT -5
Photos from Australia 1800s 1900s
Celestial Empire - Xinhai Revolution of 1911
Help Trove and win!
The National Library of Australia is opening an exciting new exhibition on 2 January. Celestial Empire: Life in China 1644 ? 1911 will be an experience of 300 years of Chinese culture and tradition. Trove is contributing a series of lists, drawing on content from the digitised newspapers, pictures and maps.
We need your help
There are a large collection of articles relating to the exhibition that have not been corrected. By correcting the text of articles in our lists you?ll help everyone enjoy Celestial Empire by making the articles easier to read, particularly for people with visual impairment. You?ll also be improving the term access to these articles by making them more searchable for everyone.
You could win a prize
We have five prizes set aside to reward you for your efforts. Here?s how to enter:
1. Choose one of the lists below.
2. Contact us to let us know know which list you?ve chosen, and tell us what your username is.
3. Correct as many of the articles in this list as you can.
When we return from the summer break on 4 January we?ll see how many lines you?ve corrected. The top text correctors for each list will be sent a Trove prize pack.
There are some rules
1. Text corrected outside of the competition dates, 18 December- 3 January, is awesome but in the interests of fairness, will not count.
2. You can only win a prize for one list. You need to decide which list that will be before proceeding with corrections.
3. Corrections have to be significant- We will be counting corrections by the line. Minor grammatical corrections such as adding dashes, commas or full-stops will not count.
4. Correcting text that has already been corrected will not count.